Want to change blue backgrounds to white

Reaction score
I posted this message a week ago on a different forum of this site and have received no feedback at all. Maybe I put it into the wrong section? If anyone can help, please respond.

Original post read as follows:

Though I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to Windows or any of the common applications. I recently changed from an old Dell laptop to a new HP desktop, the latter pre-loaded with Win 10 Pro My eyesight is not good and I have trouble seeing even black text on any color except white/off-white. (yes I have increased the font size and made all other obvious changes)

I successfuly changed the windows theme so the destop page is now off-white - as I want it. However, the page color of every MS application (Word, Excel etc) is blue and despite numerous searches and frequent attempts to change it, it remains that way. Yes I have changed the font size and so on but that does not fix my problem.

Google Chrome has the same problem - blue pages again despite changing the settings. I downloaded Opera but the page color is also blue. I read that the issue might be the normal.dot file and I have followed the various bits of Internet advice to edit it, but cannot implement any changes.

Any sensible advice on how th=o fix this will be sincerely appeciated
Alan

Ask a Question