web-cam

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I stumbled upon an old web-cam of mine from back int the Vista/7 era. A Logitech QuickCam S5500. So I decided to see if I can get it to work with windows 10. First thing I did was try to find the driver/software package but no luck. Struggled with Logitech's website and they went to the new fad of App style interface. Now I can't find anything.

After some searching I found a forum that had a thread with some links to Logitech that had the driver/software package. I followed protocol with the software and it went fine. Windows 10 found the webcam right off and did it's generic driver install. Went to use the software an no camera available. So I uninstalled everything, rebooted and installed it again this time in compatibility mode (windows 7) and it working like a charm. Totally shocked!

Reaction score
Same here a couple of years ago. Windows loaded the generic driver and after a reboot it all worked. Those web cams are pretty simple devices I think.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'll have to give that a go with some old soundcards I've got lying around.

I have to say Microsoft have been pretty decent and supporting some very old hardware.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Like I said....at first windows 10 recognized it but it wouldn't work. After the uninstall and reinstall in compatibility mode....Logitech software works along with windows 10 camera app and skype. Before none of that worked.

Hey Reg....send me one of those old sound cards. It would be a great addition to this current rig I'm running.

Ask a Question