What are these?

Reaction score
I was reading some recommended solutions to another members problem issues and because of directions to view C:>.Program Files>Program x86 I discovered three folders that I don't recognize. Two of them were installed on the same date and the other two days later,

Based on installation dates, iot appears that they might have been brought in by iTunes and NiVidia.

The folders in question are: Wondershare, VulcanRT and Lavasoft.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Wondershare is a company that started off as a shareware / freeware producer who has gone on to produce mostly commercial software programs for sale with limited trial versions available for most of their products.
Not exactly my cup of tea but reasonably well known if not particularly well respected
I've got the VulcanRT folder and I'm pretty sure you're right. I believe it came via the software / driver package for my nVidia GPU.

Lavasoft is a blast from the past. I didn't even know they were still around.
Used to use their Adaware package as part of my routine cleaning protocol.
Haven't used it in years.

Reaction score
Vulkan is an API used by some video games. It's GPU vendor neutral but probably installed with your video drivers. I have it too and I use an AMD video card. DOTA 2 and Doom (and I'm sure others) use it instead of DirectX.

Reaction score