What Can You Load into Win 10 ?

Reaction score
Will OLD versions of Outlook (e,g, the really good stuff from 10 years or more ago that had serious options) load ?
If you upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 would you be able to retain your existing Win Live Mail from the Win 7 environs ?

Reaction score
I'm running Office 2013 on my main and spare Desktops, Office 2010 on my main Notebook, also Office 2000 [without Outlook] on a couple of older Notebooks, all with the latest Win10. My church treasurer's All-in-One has Office 2007.

Reaction score
Interesting Bighorn. Encouraging. Do you have one of the older full-featured versions of Outlook (or Win Mail or Windows Live Mail) on any of these Win 10 machines ?

Reaction score
Just the ones with Office 2010 and Office 2013. Also have Office 2007 but haven't set up Outlook on it, we have our church site hosted with GoDaddy and prefer their online/Webmail as I can access it from any computer.

Most times I prefer using Webmail provided by my ISP and also by my Domain Host, again easy to access from any computer as long as I can remember my login/address and passwords.

Reaction score
Yes, I run office 2013 with an outlook on all 4 of my computers. I did hove Office 2007 which was still working but when MS dropped support I upgraded to 2013, I also Use MS Outlook.com email addresses these can be accessed from anywhere with the correct user name and password. I use them inside Office Outlook. I seldom access them Remotely for any other computer but I can should I need to. Most of these are free accounts I do have one paid one that I use for my Consulting Business. They all sync, they all will sync to my smartphone. And they are low maintenance. My wife's all in one still on 8.1 when outlook express was depreciated just switched to a Gmail account. I believe
windows do have some sort of email program built-in or maybe its a desktop version of @outlook.com account not sure since I have used MS Office for so many years, outlook Express was never up to my level of email uses.

Reaction score
I use both emails on my Windows 10. Express lacks a lot for me, but im learning.
1579876776967.png

T_J

Reaction score
If you upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 would you be able to retain your existing Win Live Mail from the Win 7 environs ?
My 2012 W7 Dell desktop with WLM was upgraded to W10 in 2016. WLM survived the upgrade process. Used WLM for awhile, but currently use W10 Mail app. Last week a recent email would not print with W10 Mail app; so I started WLM (which was never uninstalled) , and used WLM to print the email.

I have my gmail, yahoo mail, and ISP email added to the W10 Mail app, which seems to work OK. Except for the printing episode last week. May have been the first time I tried to print an email message with the W10 mail app. Don't have any problems printing WORD doc, PDFs, etc. I have MS Office Starter 2010.

Last edited:
Reaction score
On our Win 10, I have office XP (2002) loaded to use the versions of XL and Word. Seem to work OK for my use, all formulas still formulating.

Ask a Question