What did you just do?

Reaction score
After last nights major update of Windows 10 my computer went from booting up in about 30 seconds to taking more than two minutes. Also the power button to turn it on and off now is hidden and it takes three steps just to turn the computer off. I also now get a notice I am signed on to Skype. I don't want Skype and I certainly don't want to be signed on to it. It seems this update was all about making us do what you want with a computer that we paid good money for whether we like it or not.

Reaction score
I think MS attitude is you got the latest Windows 10 OS for free, and you will do as we say. Users have little if any control. Yes it's free, but we (users) are paying for it one way or another.

Reaction score
My PC ( w10 1607) does not sign me on to skype...I did uninstall it as soon as I saw the tile tho'

Regedit32

Reaction score
When you installed Anniversary Update towards the end there was an option to manually configure settings, or to automatically express them. If you wanted to control what was set up you should have chosen manual configuration where you were able to say no to additions like skype.

It was not forced on you. There were a number of settings to adjust if you wished to.

Reaction score
My PC ( w10 1607) does not sign me on to skype...I did uninstall it as soon as I saw the tile tho'
How did you uninstall it? It is not even listed in control panel or in the list of apps so I can't uninstall it the normal way.

Reaction score
Maybe I am thinking about 1511 and just refused it on 1607. I have never used it all all and one way or another, got rid of it. I did uninstall a 'skype preview' from the all apps list.

Ask a Question