What is this "anti-malware bytes?"

Reaction score
I just starting getting this message.
"anti=malware bytes 18 days out of date."
"click here to update."

I did not buy anything like that - - -

anyone have an idea where this is coming from ?

Maybe I should do a purge ?

Regedit32

Reaction score
There is a legitimate Third Party application called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

As to whether you have that installed or not only you can know.

If it is the legitimate one installed on your computer then it does have an automatic update feature where it searches for up to date anti-malware definitions to improve its protection of your system.

The legitimate application can be obtained here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/

You could take a look there to see whether that is what you have nagging you on your computer.

Reaction score
The free version if left checked will automatically initiate an evaluation (aka: trial). Once the evaluation is over, you will be prompted to purchase.

Reaction score
Willyum Anti Malware is the new terminology The older terms were Antivirus and Malware. I believe Malwarebytes use the term Anti Malware now. It seems to me you have an outdated version of Malwarebytes and your receiving a warning that you have no internet protection and could be vunerable for an infection. As gedit posted only you will know that. IIf your not running Malwarebytes, Why not?

Clifford I was under the impression that the trial version defaulted to the free version after the 30 day expiry date?.

Ask a Question