When attempting to upgrade Windows 7 to windows 10 upgrading proccess Hangs

Reaction score
When attempting to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 the upgrading process Hangs, at the first reboot during installation. just after the Blue Window Logo appears mid screen. This has occurred on three attempts to Upgrade.
I did get a message, some thing like "Encounted an Unknown Error" click on further info - produced: C1900101-20017

System Win 7 HPZ600 Twin Hard Drives Configured as a Mirrored Raid1 Array

Recent History:
At a previous Windows 7 Automatic Update resulted in a Problem Boot, During Boot, Windows would Hang! (Just before the Coloured dots would normally appear), Requiring start-up F8 intervention, I launched Repair Windows, which carried out a restore to before the Automatic Update. A subsequent (1 Week Later) r Automatic Update sorted the update windows 7 hanging on boot problem.
Incidentally During an Earlier Automatic update was left with (after Login) Two error messages, something like:
"There is a problem with the Mouse and Keyboard Centre software installation. To fix the problem, you must remove the Moues & Keyboard centre and then Setup again" problem is: attempt to uninstall Mouse and Keyboard Centre in Control Panel/ Programs & Features you get a further Message "Cant uninstall because files are missing or damaged" i.e. your stuffed.

Forum issues go back to 2012 someone must have a Fix?

PCE

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't have a fix or really even a good idea of what might be going on with your upgrade issues.
RAID 1 Array...... Hardware or Software? Hardware, might be a driver issues for the raid card, integrated or add-on. Software might have something to do with Dynamic Disks.
Have you checked the upgrade advisor for Windows 10, which is integrated into the GWX.exe icon on your taskbar near the clock (Get Windows 10 check my PC) to see if it mentions any compatibility issues?

But just to play the "glass half empty" guy.... have you gotten a sense that something is tapping you on the shoulder and whispering very quietly..... "Not Now", "Maybe Later", "But Not Now"??

Personally I think if, after what you've described above, I still had a working computer, I'd be doing some serious happy dancing.

We've heard some serious horror stories on this forum regarding the upgrade process from many members, so.......
Whatever you might decide going forward, please......
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Reaction score
Trouble:
I've heeded your advice,
However I've now notice a display of video's on my Windows 10 upgraded Laptop!
Preparing a new thread.

Ask a Question