Why do I now need security questions when selecting 'domain join instead'?!

SOLVED Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jaisonwhitekar, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:17 PM.

1. jaisonwhitekar

jaisonwhitekar

I work as an IT manager for a medium size (150 employees) insurance company. I don't have any imaging as frankly at this size there are more important ways to spend my budget.

When setting up new laptops on Windows 10 I am used to fact I have to select that I want a local account not a microsoft account by selecting domain join instead. My issue is in the last couple of weeks I now need to set up 3 security questions for my local account, such as 'first pet' etc.

My point here is that can I be treated like an Adult, if I select domain join instead and then local account please Microsoft understand that this local account is just used during setup and then its joined to a domain, it's not a real person!

As a final point local admin accounts can be reset via the domain admin or a Windows install disc/USB I have been fine with this for years don't add security questions which the entire IT dept has to be trusted to always select the same questions and answers on all builds!

Please remove this feature, understand if I select domain join and then local account, I most likely know what I am doing.....

jaisonwhitekar, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:17 PM
    1. Advertisements

2. jaisonwhitekar

BigFeet

I'm not happy with the way microsoft has done this too. I believe it was introduced in the 1803 build. They also make it less straight forward to select local account. I just pick random questions and select "none" for all the answers. Then I curse at microsoft for a half hour. Also "forcing" to setup a pin is extremely annoying. Annoying enough for one PC, but really annoying when you're setting up a dozen.

BigFeet, Nov 7, 2018 at 6:14 PM
    Wolfie likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. jaisonwhitekar

jaisonwhitekar

thankyou so much!!

jaisonwhitekar, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:30 PM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question