Why I hate Windows Ten

Reaction score
Every day I have to reset my permissions so I can save my scans, spreadsheets etc.
Cannot find my windows 7 games
It changed my password without permission
and I am sure I will find more

Reaction score
Attention MICROSOFT!! I, and TONS of other people in your FEEDBACK APP, have told you this dozens of times. FIX the following problems already!! You've BEEN out of the tech preview build phases for almost a month now:
1. Edge browser= a. NO chrome extensions support yet!! Promises..promises. B. NO full screen mode? This IS 2015 last I checked and even IE9 or IE10 AND IE11 had a PERFECT full screen mode. C. Can't change my Downloads folder in Edge browser. (facepalm) Did you all get your internet browser creation team from McDonald's fast food joints? D. NO hotkeys. Alt+d works OCCASIONALLY. Pathetic
2. Occasional visual/graphical FREEZING. This is REGARDLESS of the vid card driver being used and regardless of if it was the red team or green team and the cards ARen't even getting warm ( i Keep it 68 F in my room ftr).
3. All us to UNinstall ALL APPS!! POwer users DON'T GIVE A CRAP about your stupid apps. They never have and never will. Give US the damn choice. Is this operating system for ALL of us to use? Or is it only for you Microsoft employees to use.
4. Give us a way to click a button and tell the pc to SAVE ( to memory in a context) of all the programs/apps that are currently open and running across ALL desktops and their positions even when we shut down and restart the pc, not just when we put it to sleep and wake it up. ***Hint hint. YOU HAVE power users in your user base. Stop pushing us at the back of the priority list****
5. Give us an EASY way to CHANGE BACK the damn Win explorer icons BACk to Windows 7. NO ONE ...ABSOLUTELY ...NO ONE complained about the look of these things! " If it isn't broken. DON'T #$%KING FIX IT. LEAVE IT ALONE!!"

That will do for now. Get to work!

Reaction score
Attention MICROSOFT!! I, and TONS of other people in your FEEDBACK APP, have told you this dozens of times. FIX the following problems already!! You've BEEN out of the tech preview build phases for almost a month now:
1. Edge browser= a. NO chrome extensions support yet!! Promises..promises. B. NO full screen mode? This IS 2015 last I checked and even IE9 or IE10 AND IE11 had a PERFECT full screen mode. C. Can't change my Downloads folder in Edge browser. (facepalm) Did you all get your internet browser creation team from McDonald's fast food joints? D. NO hotkeys. Alt+d works OCCASIONALLY. Pathetic
2. Occasional visual/graphical FREEZING. This is REGARDLESS of the vid card driver being used and regardless of if it was the red team or green team and the cards ARen't even getting warm ( i Keep it 68 F in my room ftr).
3. All us to UNinstall ALL APPS!! POwer users DON'T GIVE A CRAP about your stupid apps. They never have and never will. Give US the damn choice. Is this operating system for ALL of us to use? Or is it only for you Microsoft employees to use.
4. Give us a way to click a button and tell the pc to SAVE ( to memory in a context) of all the programs/apps that are currently open and running across ALL desktops and their positions even when we shut down and restart the pc, not just when we put it to sleep and wake it up. ***Hint hint. YOU HAVE power users in your user base. Stop pushing us at the back of the priority list****
5. Give us an EASY way to CHANGE BACK the damn Win explorer icons BACk to Windows 7. NO ONE ...ABSOLUTELY ...NO ONE complained about the look of these things! " If it isn't broken. DON'T #$%KING FIX IT. LEAVE IT ALONE!!"

That will do for now. Get to work!
Microsoft isn't here. Take it up with them.

Reaction score
Till now I also have weird feelings about Windows 10. Specially it is much more slower on my laptop in comparison to 8.1. But also it looks better.

Reaction score
I want to move forward but something is telling me not to. I honestly don't think I will be as happy with Windows 10 as I am with Windows 7. I'm still waiting for more Windows Vista/7 themes. There is nothing currently demanding that I move forward, such as DX12 game titles, end of free upgrade term, or drivers optimized for the new platform.

Reaction score
Microsoft isn't here. Take it up with them.

quite true .. but people post here HOPING some clown at Microsoft might see it .. take it up with Microsoft is a bit of a joke - firstly - try and get someone on some help line somewhere that you can even understand - and if you manage that - all they will do is point you back to this forum -.. give me the cell number of the CEO of Microsoft and I'll be happy to give him a call (or a 1000) laff .. but like the writer implies .. they aint listenting - never have - if they want to be Apple and write and produce useless toys I guess there aint much any of us are gonna be able to do .. they do their groups and marketing and people tell them what there product IS NOT and they turn and produce advertising claiming it is having changed NOTHING

Reaction score
Can't say I have an issue with many of these complaints. Save windows / desktop when shutting down... um, isn't that called "hibernate"? Edge doesn't support Chrome extensions... use Chrome? As for freezing, I DID have an issue with that, Turned out to be my WiFi card. Removed it and now all is fine. Is a TP-LINK TL-WN751ND - Qualcomm Atheros based card.

Reaction score
Can't say I have an issue with many of these complaints. Save windows / desktop when shutting down... um, isn't that called "hibernate"? Edge doesn't support Chrome extensions... use Chrome? As for freezing, I DID have an issue with that, Turned out to be my WiFi card. Removed it and now all is fine. Is a TP-LINK TL-WN751ND - Qualcomm Atheros based card.

Shutting down the desktop can mean anything. If you push the power button and your desktop is back in less than 10 seconds it was either asleep or hibernating IF you have a ssd, or less than 40 seconds if you have a regular spinning disc hard drive as the o.s-installed storage drive.

I DO use google chrome and HAVE been for years. I was looking forward to finally replacing it with a possibly faster internet browser ( trying to give Microsoft an honest chance here) especially when they promised Edge would have chrome extensions support. I refuse to use Edge nor IE11 other than experimental purposes and LOVE IE's full screen mode above all other browsers' full screen modes. I suppose I'm just being too impatient, but seriously we're passed the tech PREVIEW stages. Microsoft should have SPECIFIED when Edge browser would have chrome extensions support.

However, NO full screen mode, VIRTUALLY NO HOTKEYS, no way to change ( from within Edge browser's settings) where downloads go by default ( EVEN IE8 AND 9 had this option) is pathetic and that couldn't be further away from a " modern day browser."

The freezing issue I was referring to involves when you're typing a web address in the url bar/window in ANY internet browser including chrome. It acts like it is only showing two or three characters but right underneath the url bar you see what you're typing. I want to call it a ghosting or visual lag problem but it only happens when using my pc with Windows 10 and ENABLING the " use a prediction service to help complete searches in url bar blah blah" in the chrome and IE settings". It doesn't do that problem when I turn it off. Thus I consider that a minor complaint and I can let that go.

DG.

Reaction score
I have had windows 10 for a week and a half. It unfortunately came installed on my new pc. My old pc had windows 7. WINDOWS 7 IS THE BEST OUT THERE! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE THIS JUNK!
Updates on its own
Updates are slow
Updates ruin files and themes set up
I HATE HAVING TO CHANGE MY COLOR THEME EVERY TIME IT UPDATES!
required password at start up
some reason it has two users (my name and my email) and it says password failed (I NEVER WANTED TO SETUP A USER I AM THE ONLY USER!)
I removed option to start up with password and still does not work
NO CLASSIC VIEW!!!! (must be added)
STUPID APPS (must have option to hide)
SWIPE SCREEN (don't get me started that's just stupid)
It's a COMPUTER Has MICROSOFT forgotten what a COMPUTER is?
OUR PC'S are NOT MOBILE PHONES OR TABLETS!i
WHAT THE HECK HAS MICROSOFT DONE?
This dump junk is making me consider Linux or Apple! (I can't believe I'm saying that)

I WANT THIS JUNK REMOVED. MICROSOFT SHOULD GIVE US A COMPLIMENTARY WINDOWS 7 TO THOSE LIKE ME WHO BOUGHT A NEW PC AND IS NOW STUCK WITH GARBAGE AND FRUSTRATED BEYOND WORDS.

I HAVE AN AWESOME PC RUNNING ON JUNK!

I REPEAT ITS A *****COMPUTER*****

NOT A MOBILE PHONE OR TABLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a tablet (thankfully not a windows version) and a smart phone (thankfully not a windows either). I avoided window tablets or mobile because of this stupid lay out and now that Microsoft couldn't convince us of using their portables they stick this junk on our

COMPUTERS

Reaction score
DG...I agree...I actually almost bought an APPLE desk top....now I wish I had....about the same price as what I paid for this one...I think I'd have had an easier time and enjoyed the desk top more if I had...if I can't use this windows 10 then it's useless to me. Guess I'll go check facebook ....lol

Ask a Question