Why is Windows 10 slower than Windows 8.1?

Reaction score
why may windows 10 is slow than windows 8.1 ? can you give me some ways to clear this problem

my windows upgrade otomatic from windwos 8.1 to windows 10

windows 10 = build 10240

CPJ

Reaction score
It could be that some files were placed in your Startup Folder. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to clean up your startup files.

Reaction score
I'm guessing it is due to upgrade issues that a clean install would fix. Upgrades have always had these symptoms.

Reaction score
When we have been upgraded our's computer up to Windows 10. Sometimes we can get some trouble with slowly task, delay, timeout process.
This reason can be full disk problem( disk 100%). How to fix that problem?
This video below will give you some idea thus:
1. Adjust logical memory.
2. Shutdown window smartscreen.
3. Shutdown maintenance.
4. Shutdown diagnotics.
5. Check disk fragment.

Reaction score
Check the power options. By default windows 10 puts the minimum cpu % to 5% and it will only use what it needs. This caused mine to be extremely slow. I changed mine to 100% and runs like a dream now.

Reaction score
Windows 10 IS much slower than Windows 8.1. It's not about settings, it's just a fact. I don't know what they did but it feels like my hardware (despite running an X99 platform with all the extras...) aged 5 years upon installation. I've rolled back to Windows 8.1 several times, but am now forced to work with W10 because of requirements I don't rule over from an external party. :(
Windows 8.1 with the Stardock Start menu is the dream OS. It's a screamer, stabile and just works. Windows 10 is still filled with bugs and is so slow.

When will Microsoft learn and how can the Product Owner be proud of his/her creation? Just makes me sad.

Ask a Question