Why so difficult

Reaction score
okay one why do you make it so hard to just ask a question? no you cant have a kidney. i really want to know why i have to jump through hoops to find out who these unknown accounts r\are. i just want to make sure no one can see what im doing on my laptop but i already know they can because my step son knew my new ruter password before i new he was home. so can you help me beyond sending me down the merry url deadend or should i just smash my laptop against his ipad until my router stops blinkinking. i really have spent 5 hours just trying to figure out what keystroke the kid put on my laptop why mcafee is just allowing access to the web when i put it to ask always and yes i am the secret admin and the admin and the only user on this pc so i would like to resolve this before i spent another 500 on a router and tell my kids the library has access and the park is always open

Reaction score
If you didn't change the router password manually(?), it is normally written somewhere on a label on the router. The password only protects from external interference. Domestically, in your household, all your son needed to do was press the reset button and the password would be returned to the factory setting.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This is what I would do:
For your router; I would go into the routers web-based page (this is where you make changes to the router) and turn of the WPS. Then change the user name and password. Then turn off the SSID broadcast.

For your laptop; since you feel that there is some embedded keystroke logger active. I would back up any pictures, documents and anything you deem irreplaceable to a USB drive. Then I would do a factory reset on the laptop.

Once this is done you'll have a clean laptop with no hidden bugs/detectors and no one will be able to access your wifi unless you give out that information.

Reaction score
Getting connected using Wi-Fi with Notebooks, Tablets, possible SmartPhones and some Desktops that have Wi-Fi is easy, only have to try to connect then press the WPS button on the Wireless Router to get connected, has worked for me if the password is not known or doesn't work.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Getting connected using Wi-Fi with Notebooks, Tablets, possible SmartPhones and some Desktops that have Wi-Fi is easy, only have to try to connect then press the WPS button on the Wireless Router to get connected, has worked for me if the password is not known or doesn't work.

True and it's saved me a time or to but I have my wifi locked down. But this goes against what the OP is asking help for.

Ask a Question