SOLVED Why the Difference

Reaction score
I have two similar Dell computers both operating Windows 10. One is up to date (1809) and the other is not (1803). Is the one not updating as it should or is the other updating because it is an "Insider".

The one in the shop is seldom online if that has anything to do with it. Howevere, I do check for updates periodically and it declares that it is up to date.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are probably still millions of Windows 10 machines out there that have not received the update from 1803 to 1809.
It's a staged roll-out and not all receive it at the same time, in some instances it might be months before your 1803 machine receives the upgrade through the normal windows update procedure.
All Windows Insider machines should be on 1809 even those on the Release Preview Ring are running 1809 just not the 19H1 version yet.

Reaction score
Thank you for the feed back.

Not sure exactly what happened but after being asked for a MS password update, the shop computer is performing an update to 1809. It has been in process for about 20 minures.

Reaction score
I got a popup that read something like, "Your system is out of date. Please reenter your MS password". I did that and have done this before. With the pass word entered, the system is operational.

I have been tinkering back and forth with the two computers. I assume that I changed the pass word on one and failed to do so on the other.

Reaction score
I got a popup that read something like, "Your system is out of date. Please reenter your MS password". I did that and have done this before. With the pass word entered, the system is operational.

I have been tinkering back and forth with the two computers. I assume that I changed the pass word on one and failed to do so on the other Whatever happened, I don't believe ity was a Windows 10 issue. I believe ther operator created tyhe confusion. I nowe have OS Version 1809 Build 17763.194 insdtalled and operating on both computers..

Ask a Question