Wi-Fi internet access timing out after Win10 update was pushed out to me

Reaction score
I am unable to get on the internet via my wireless wi-fi network since a Win 10 update was pushed out to me yesterday, 12/16/15. I get a message to the effect that it took too long to log into my wi-fi.

I first upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 about 2 months ago on my laptop. I experienced no issues until I was forced to reboot yesterday morning. It took about 5 minutes (or so it seemed) for the updates to install. Since then, every time I try to go to the internet, it times out regardless of which browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera) I try. All other devices in the house connect to the wi-fi network okay, so the problem is not with my network.

I tried the suggestion that involved typing "REG DELETE..." in the command line, but that did not work

Reaction score
You need to reinstall the Network adapter. Look in Devise Manager for an error symbol (yellow triangle probably) on the adapter.If you see one then that is the problem.

Reaction score
No dice. Both of the 2 devices in the Network Adaptor folder are "working properly". Thanks anyway, Dan99

Ask a Question