Wifi connects, then turns off within 22 seconds

Reaction score
On an Asus i7 laptop the has a hiistory of connecting to any wifi perfectly, is now not staying connected to my new wifi service, just changed from cable modem to ADSL.
Turned cable modem on and it connected again must finr

Problem started when I went to initiate the new ADSL modem and the same SSID was used. The computer did not allow a password change, eventually was able to find a way to change it, not sure how now.
Connected for 22 seconds then wifi turned itself off. After that time wifi record shows it connected fot 1 to 22 seconds each time, mostly closer to 2 seconds.

Tried turning off auto turn off etc. And other online thinfs inluding turning all non MS prorams on start. All other. Wifi devices funtion perfectly.

Phone ADSL support tried deleting everything including wifi & drivers. Tried connectng to another wifi, connected fine, support tested modem and deemed it 100%
Called Asus support, they said as it connected to other modems and hot dots it had to be the modem.
Looked online and while there are many w10 wifi disconnects, couldn't fing one with this issue.

So I'm. Stuck with a new service I can't use with my prime PC, but modem works with every otjer wifi device I have including tje tablet I am wfing this on.

All help greatefully appreciated,

Ron

Ask a Question