Will KB4056892 brick an Athlon Phenom II 970?

Reaction score
Will KB4056892 (windows cumulative build #1709) brick a computer with an AMD Phenom II 970 processor and new gigabyte motherboard?

When updating to KB4056892, my computer bricked. It had an AMD X64 processor. After temporarily swapping out processors to an Athlon Phenom II 970, I was able to reinstall windows at the expense of everything else on my hard drive.

I then swapped a new motherboard, CPU, and memory into my old computer. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA970A-DS3P FX and the processor is an AMD Phenom II 970. If I install the above update, will it brick my computer again?

Thanks, I really don't want to go through all that again.

Reaction score
It shouldn't, but........................

Microsoft pulled that update from, as far as I can tell, all AMD cpu based systems. I have neither received it on my Athlon II x4 system, or my fx6300 system. It did brick my laptop with an Athlon 64 x2 (for some reason the update came through that one). I'd advise waiting.

Reaction score
It shouldn't, but........................

Microsoft pulled that update from, as far as I can tell, all AMD cpu based systems. I have neither received it on my Athlon II x4 system, or my fx6300 system. It did brick my laptop with an Athlon 64 x2 (for some reason the update came through that one). I'd advise waiting.

Thank you, I think I'll wait until I hear more...

Reaction score
It didn't brick my Phenom II X4 964 but the log-on PIN is no longer recognized but the Password is.

Reaction score
Actually, in rechecking turned out to be a keyboard problem with 'others' cookie crumbs.

Reaction score
Didn't brick my AMD Athlon II X2 250e
That's good to know. That's what's in my dad's PC. My Athlon II x4 wouldn't manually update . I'm thinking it's because it's an Insider Preview. FX6300 manually updated fine.

Reaction score
That's good to know. That's what's in my dad's PC. My Athlon II x4 wouldn't manually update . I'm thinking it's because it's an Insider Preview. FX6300 manually updated fine.
Insider Preview just had an update for one of mine last evening, will probably get the other one done today.

Ask a Question