Will Not Print (emails)

Reaction score
I cannot print emails or "google maps" (possibly more). But I am able to print from "Word" Also I printed a HP Diagnostic Page with no problem. I have a hard wire connection from the printer to CPU.
Any Ideas?

Reaction score
If you select an email and go to print ( however you do that in your email) do you get a page that show the available printers? Like the boxes you get in Word when you try to print...not identiacl of course but the same sort of data. If you get that is there a properties box? Is the paper set to the correct size.

If Word prints then everything else should print as it shows that the printer hardware, the connection and the print spooler are all working fine.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
I suggest this to anyone with any type of wont print issues, to first set the printer in
Code:
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers
as the default printer.

This cured a multitude of issues with printing.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Have you changed Display Scale settings for text at all? A couple of years ago a bug popped up when you moved the scale from 100% to anywhere between 100 and 200% that would cause issues such as being unable to print emails via Browser etcetera.

In Windows 10 Creator the scale is now just a drop down menu via Start > Settings > System > Display

Might be worth checking there.

The other thing to verify [ if you are accessing email via your browser ] is to make sure Windows is not selecting the wrong printer altogether ]. I use Microsoft Edge as my preferred browser, and when you click Edge's Settings > Print the pop up has a drop menu for printer options, including printers, and print to file options. I assume other browsers have a similar feature. Again, worth checking the issue is not there.

Regards,

Regedit32

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Have you changed Display Scale settings for text at all? A couple of years ago a bug popped up when you moved the scale from 100% to anywhere between 100 and 200% that would cause issues such as being unable to print emails via Browser etcetera.

I always love to see how the oddest seemingly unrelated issue affects something else. I dont use twitter, but its the way of #straightmicrosoftjacket

Ask a Question