Will this way to restore windows default fonts work?

Reaction score
My windows 10 (64 bit) font folder is cluttered with fonts from over the years... I now understand that certain font managers can temporarily install fonts which is exactly what i need to do occasionally. Is there an way i can restore only the default windows system font set to the font folder?

I was thinking about booting from a win PE enabled iso having a file explorer function, then deleting the fonts within the current windows font folder following by pasting the default set of fonts from another (new) laptop after which i would boot into windows, run a registry cleaner to remove all unlinked font references....will it work ? or is there another more reasonable way?

Reaction score
In Windows simply deleting things is not the same as uninstalling them, might see them come back.

I've not had a need for WinPE [yet and do have it] and it may be quite sufficient but for very difficult removal of things I use a Linux LiveDVD or LiveUSB, do it outside of Windows as Windows cannot kill parts of itself while running. But the danger in using either is the chance of messing up Windows with the worst being no booting.

The only program I've seen having issues with Fonts is Microsoft Works [Version 9.x still works] giving a warning when more than 500 Fonts are installed.

Reaction score
Does the following link help?.

READ IT CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :) :) :)

Ask a Question