Win 10 auto update

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else had this or similar problems with the last update.

Had a new update come in last evening and after doing the required restart the update seemed to complete normally.
However I could not get the internet connection to work.

Tried all available fixes to establish a connection, ---nothing worked-- hard wire to the router did not go either.
no problems with the router etc as other users were going to the internet normally. So it would seem that the mechanism for that connection did not work.

Tried a back-out of the update, which did not seem to get back to previous load. i.e the machine came up but not working properly.

there were no restore points as all these had been zeroed out with the update. which brings another question if I may
the message at the end of the restore still says the restore point did not complete successfully no files were changed etc.
besides the message the restore does not restore so why continue to keep restore points manually generated or otherwise?

To solve this problem I had to do a Macrium image restore.
now back to where I was 3 days ago better than nothing for sure. Just the usual head scratching.

I am interested in hearing any other encounters.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've had a similar experience but only after installing a Insider prerelease OS.

However, in my case it was just my Ralink 802.11n Wireless Lan Card affected. Ethernet still worked fine.

The network adapter troubleshoot made no difference, so I rolled back to windows 7, re-installed windows 10 in the end to get things working again.

I'm assuming in your case you are referring to the latest Creator update which too you to OS Build 15063.413

Perhaps you could confirm what version you were taken to, when this issue arose.

Reaction score
For some reason some of the Windows 10 updates will delete ethernet drivers as well as printer drivers. If it happens in the future just download and install the proper drivers for your card.

Ask a Question