Win 10 backup doesnt work?

Reaction score
Win 10 backup.jpg
Hows it going fellas! This is my first post here! I updated from win 7 to win 10 on 11/04/2018 but the backup shows win 7 and it doesnt work? Ive moved all my backups from my 1TB F:\ storage to C:\ documents. All of them except for the last recent lot 99GB that I couldnt separate. Should I just send them to documents as well? By the way, my system image shows that it is 406GB? I dont know why the writing is so small because I blew it up as far as it would go?

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Personally I would use Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper for backups and both are free. Windows built in backup has been cumbersome since it's inception. Some like it while most don't.

Reaction score
Personally I would use Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper for backups and both are free. Windows built in backup has been cumbersome since it's inception. Some like it while most don't.
That sounds good but how do I get rid of the windows version and use one of the alternative backups?

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I think what I really need is a repair tool for my backup because Ive got a 406GB system image? If I use another type of backup I will still have that problem as well wont I? Or can I just delete the 406GB system image, do a new one and see if it will backup normally?

Reaction score
I have a similar problem.
A 2 year old laptop. Came with Win8.1 installed. Now to get rid of those annoying messages to upgrade to Win10,I finally did. It went uneventful,no problem. Now every time Win10 does an update I am in trouble.
It does the update alright but then the backup doesn't work anymore. It always ends with: the backup didn't complete successfully,error code 0x80070570. Since I have the Win10 installation on a USB stick I do a restore. Now that works until the next update and then it's the same problem again.
Why can't you people get things right? I never had any problems backing up with WinXP or Win7. Is it really that hard?I expected something better from you. Luckily I ave a dualboot with Linux,because that works!

Ask a Question