Win 10 deleted >8 of my programs with no warning!

Reaction score
Today I booted my PC only to find my e-mail and my browser missing. On checking further I find that Win10 has deleted a bunch of the programs I use daily! What is especially worrying is that it is obvious that MS deleted programs that compete with MS equivalents.

Decide for yourself, here is the list;

Thunderbird (e-mail), MS equivalent is Outlook
Opera browser MS equivalent Edge
Firefox Browser MS equivalent Edge
Libre Office 5 MS equivalent MS Office
Media Monkey MS MS equivalent Groove
MusicBee MS MS equivalent Groove
FastStone Image Viewer
Lightscribe

This list is not complete. All these programs work in Win 10 and have done so foe more than a month!

I am furious that after the latest Cumulative Update Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) this happens. Googling this shows that this is not an isolated case and that the MS response is simply "just reinstall the programs" What arrogance!

Any idea how to prevent this from happening again?

Reaction score
This ever happens to me, I will file a formal complaint against MS and go back to Windows 7. Yes they are an arrogant bunch. I use a third party AV Avast Internet Security and so far it must be saving me from what happened to you. I have already dropped out of The Insider Program.

Ask a Question