Win 10 Password Lockout

Reaction score
Greetings!

Been using Win10 for a few months now with no problems. Tried to install the new Win10 Minecraft beta, was asked to log in using my microsoft account, which I did, to find the next time I turned on my PC I was required to input a password. I did, but when I tried to remove the password login using netplwiz, thought I'd done it, only to find myself logged out and unable to log back in using either my local login nor my microsoft account login.

I've reset the MS password, just to be sure and still nothing.

Now I'm sitting here with what appears to be a brick, hoping I dont have to wipe and start over.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Hi welcome to the forum. Do you have the installation media disk? If so you could boot with that and get to a repair screen. Often this problem will just go away after a few restarts. One thing that I always recommend is a hard restart. Disconnect the external power, remove the battery, hold the power button down for 30 seconds and then reinstall the battery, plug in external power and press start. You might get lucky.
For password failure, Trouble advises this: "Others report an inexplicable conversion of the default language settings resulting in improper keyboard input, so....
If you see any link on the sign-in screen that would suggest a language option, I suggest clicking it.
Other than that I recommend using the OSK (on screen keyboard) combined with the "Eye" icon on the right side of the password textbox to confirm that the password is being entered exactly and properly (case sensitive) and of course confirming that the "User Name" that is being displayed is correct."

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Never been able to get that particular tool to boot a UEFI BIOS machine nor comprehend a GPT partition.
Works great on legacy BIOS and MBR partition scheme.

Ask a Question