Win 10 Pro upgrade without Ms Account

Reaction score
I need to setup a virtualization process using Docker. I have Win 10 Home activated with a digital licence and need to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro to facilitate it all..
However, I do not have, and do not want, a Microsoft Account because all my stuff is done offline. To purchase from the store seems not possible without the Ms Account.
What do I do for activation (does digital licence still apply ??) and product key ??

Reaction score
An upgrade from Home to Pro requires a new license if I am not mistaken... but I have been wrong before;):D

Reaction score
I've been offered a Pro Upgrade and it is costly, about $119USD instead of the MSRP of $199USD. But as with everything else there may be a better price 'out there'.

Reaction score
The bit I really want to know is about purchasing without a Microsoft account - can it be done

Reaction score
Yes, check your local Wal*Mart or other superstore or even online such as Amazon, NewEgg, TigerDirect, BestBuy, etc.

Reaction score
Sure you can buy a retail version, that you pick of online of storefront businesses. The best price for legit windows, I see around is $199, So it that $119 sounds like a pretty good deal if it's legit.
Otherwise its $99 in the Microsoft store. What I have done is set up an MS Account its easy for me since I use (e-mail address removed) which is an account to log on to the store with.
Or you can just set up an MS Account in your windows and just use it for the store you can delete it after you get your Pro license.
I only use local accounts but I have the MS Account for when it's needed.

I actually set up an MS Account using my local account by accident on one of my computers that was a mess

Ask a Question