How to re-install Windows 10

Reaction score
just installed win 10,free . getting along with it ok.if i need to reinstall at some point, how would i do it?.would it install automatic ,or would i need to buy a copy.thank's

Reaction score
Avery simple solution in the first instance. get hold of something like Eusus ToDo (Free). If you do not have a spate HD, then make another partition. Using eusus, make a backup to your new partition. This is easily restored, taking about ten minutes, with all your settings as were.
In the event that you do need to reinstall, then use the media creation tool, here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
and download an iso. Keep it in a safe place, or burn it to a DVD, With that, you can reinstall the original Windows 10, you will not need a new key.

Reaction score
davehc, thank you for a speedy reply, i will do as you advise, again thank's

Reaction score
You also can create a bootable Flash drive with the Media Creation Tool (that's how I do it). If your computer can boot from USB, I think that is the way to go. Flash drive has also the advantage, that current updates can be stored on it as well. That is the beauty of Windows 10, only max. 3 Updates need to be stored and the system is up-to-date in no time (unlike Windows 7 with over 250+ Updates to download).
A 8GB drive is sufficient unless you want to do an All-In-One (containing home/pro and 32/64bit),then you need a 16GB drive (which has room to spare for the updates)

Reaction score
Dave, nowadays writing W10 to a DVD requires a double sided DVD and a burner which can do that. USB sticks a much better idea!

Ask a Question