Win 10 stuck in repair

Reaction score
hacker got into my p.c.yesterday,did a repair p.c. & elec breakdown & when back on the p.c. was stuck & now i cannot even log on.i have tried all the repair options again & again but still refuses to do anything,can anyone help as i cannot afford a tech.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Shawn :).

Can you please explain a little more about the hacker - what made you think that a hacker gained control of your PC?

What error message are you getting when you try the repair option?

Reaction score

Can you please explain a little more about the hacker - what made you think that a hacker gained control of your PC?

i had asked iinet for help because was told i had a net problem,phone call & guy with accent said he was from my isp,so i said about time,he said they had been through my p.c. & found 3151 hacking attempts from 6 hackers.
so he sent me 2 programmes to put on my p.c. & he used these & frankly i was astonished at the speed they moved & on how many pages,then he said can you help us to catch these *** so i said how,he then put $2000 into my bank,yes i opened my bank because i did not believe he could get the password,he said now you go to store & but itunes cards for the $2000,then i heard foreigners talking in the background & said are you in s.africa (which is where iinet techs are ) he said no we are in north sydney,i nstarted to feel a bit uneasy & told him i would go to shop..i then called iinet who take ages to talk to you & he said thats a hacker change ya bank password now,so i did but he had gotten into it & taken the $200 back out through my 3 grandies accounts,the $200 he had put in my bank there was no sign it was ever there.then i had to do a p.c.repair & it got stuck when electricty broke down,came back on & nothing would work on p.,. not even trying win 10 disc.

Reaction score
i had asked iinet for help because was told i had a net problem,phone call & guy with accent said he was from my isp,so i said about time,he said they had been through my p.c. & found 3151 hacking attempts from 6 hackers.
so he sent me 2 programmes to put on my p.c. & he used these & frankly i was astonished at the speed they moved & on how many pages,then he said can you help us to catch these *** so i said how,he then put $2000 into my bank,yes i opened my bank because i did not believe he could get the password,he said now you go to store & but itunes cards for the $2000,then i heard foreigners talking in the background & said are you in s.africa (which is where iinet techs are ) he said no we are in north sydney,i nstarted to feel a bit uneasy & told him i would go to shop..i then called iinet who take ages to talk to you & he said thats a hacker change ya bank password now,so i did but he had gotten into it & taken the $200 back out through my 3 grandies accounts,the $200 he had put in my bank there was no sign it was ever there.then i had to do a p.c.repair & it got stuck when electricty broke down,came back on & nothing would work on p.,. not even trying win 10 disc.
sorry misspell he took back the full $2000 (not $200)

Reaction score

i did all the attempts at repair & it did start trepair but elec problem & then nothing would work

Reaction score
I think you need professional help, and law enforcement help. It sounds like your entire identity has been compromised. You'll need professional help to remediate that. Your computers system is the least of your worries. It won't help to fix your computer as they will just get back in unless you set your self back up completely secure from your router through out the rest of your system most likely all your digital information will have to be destroyed and a complete Secure restart will be required. From what you said its unlikely that only your computer is effected most likely all your back ups are too unless they have been completely separated from the rest of your system. Like on a hard drive that has been in a bank vault or other safe place not connected to the internet in anyway. and do not try to restore the super safe data with out having a super secure system to restore too.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, I agree - a "repair" isn't going to suffice - I would do a clean install to make sure you are no longer affected by any lingering malware (who knows what damage they did, so better be safe than sorry, imo). I would also contact law enforcement and your bank like @Clintlgm suggested, as well as secure any things like bank info that may have been compromised.

Reaction score
thanx for the info guys,i have called cops & as he was not here in person there is nothing they can do,
as this hacker stated he was from iinet i believed him as i have been waiting weeks for them to look at a avast
check that stated i have port 7547open to hackers.
the trouble is as a pensioner i do not have at least $200 to get a tech.
so as i do have the win10 install disc going to see if i can reinstall win10.
i also have a win7 install disc & really thinking about putting that on instead arghhh dunno what to do.

Reaction score
it will not read the win10 disc as it says you need admin etc.,
but it also says have u forgotten etc., & then all goes dead.
so i am lost again.

ah ah it finally accepted to reset the whole drive & is doing that now,
fingers crossed :):)
did i say i hate win 10????????

its been working for 10mins & still on 1% ooh fingers double crossed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
bummer it has stopped with 'there was a problem resetting your pc,no changes were made"
tried again & again & FINALLY it accepted my win10 disc & is doing an install now,fingers are still crossed :)

oh wow this is a long thread, BUT win 10 is back on & just doing all the ms stuff
& then all my stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well day later & win 10 is upgraded ok,still checking my banks etc., but nothing bad has happened,
i am still asking/begging/shouting at every area of iinet to get off their useless backsides & fix this net open port where any hacker can get in
but all areas of iinet are totally ignoring me,they will still take my money tho' )-)-

Reaction score
Buy your own Router and you will have full control, just use your internet connection as WLAN, my cable modem supplies WLAN only, I have my own router and full control, over my network

Reaction score
Buy your own Router and you will have full control, just use your internet connection as WLAN, my cable modem supplies WLAN only, I have my own router and full control, over my network
well i did get a pc tech out & he has done a good job,nice clean p.c.net back etc.,
BUT just 1 hour ago phone rang & i said hellow,male voice with accent said hello my name is john ? & i work for telstra,the lines are going down so we need to do some things to get you back online. i said i am fed up with you hacker scum,p** off & hung up on the pig.
now clint i do have my own router & soon being forced to get nbn,so what is wlan? please

Reaction score
WAN Wide Area Network. its how your internet company sells you service. If Cable they'll supply you with a Cable modem, Seems that when I was on ATT I had bought my own modems for ADSL and Dial up most Internet suppliers want to rent you gear like routers and Wireless access points etc.. You have your own modem you control all the ports turn them on or off as you like. Your obviously on the hackers list of suckers. Do your due diligence, If you having internet issues call your Vendor. they don't call you often ever really it they need to get a message out to all there clients they usually do that through email.

Reaction score
WAN Wide Area Network. its how your internet company sells you service. If Cable they'll supply you with a Cable modem, Seems that when I was on ATT I had bought my own modems for ADSL and Dial up most Internet suppliers want to rent you gear like routers and Wireless access points etc.. You have your own modem you control all the ports turn them on or off as you like. Your obviously on the hackers list of suckers. Do your due diligence, If you having internet issues call your Vendor. they don't call you often ever really it they need to get a message out to all there clients they usually do that through email.
yep on the sucker list,geesus i will never live this down as i am called ladyguru by the people i have helped.i will definately be looking at this nbn because they say i can stay on as now BUT b4 long you will be forced to go nbn or get nothing.
thanx for the help clint.

Reaction score
What is this nbn your speaking of?
Never mind I see its your internet connection. I don't understand your issue all they do is supply a connection to the internet at what ever speed you pay for. You have all the control of what comes in to your network with your router? Your Router is your firewall between the internet and your network. So any port issues your having are controlled by your Router.

Your Router will have a set up manual with tons of setting you won't understand or at least I don't understand many of them. Each can be looked up on goggle

And yes I agree you cant do much with out an internet connection

Last edited:
Reaction score
well clint the pc tech sorted it all out & now hoping its all ok,
far the nbn many people using it say its crap & major supplier telstra are apologising for it,
so everyone is worried that it will always be crap & nowhere to go.

Reaction score
Yes sorry to hear your situation. Here we have options, ATT Cellular and ATT land line, Just about everyone can get Cable, there are a few independent companies I think and Satellite. For me its Cable, our cable went fiber Optic a few years ago an no one cam compete with that kind of bandwidth and pricing. satellite is not that good and expensive however is you live in an area with out any other option than dial up land line its there for you. I used independent providers back in the old days, but they all kept getting sold out and having to go through all the changes to reset up. ATT came through with ADSL which back then was fast very fast. As the technology progressed ATT failed to upgrade and finally I had to go with the Cable a couple of years back. Quite happy with that 60 down and 5 up for $49 per month 99.9% up time

Reaction score
you guys always have the best :):)
i will just wait & see what if any options i have when nbn finally here,

Reaction score
Well NBN is just a internet supplier, they may offer email service other than that. Your router controls the internet for you. Things may be different down there but wouldn't want Charter to install anything except there modem. And the supplied me the IP and Password for me to enter into my Router to set up the Incoming WAN

Ask a Question