WIn 10 update not happening

Reaction score
Hi.. My laptop model is Sony Vaio SVE15137CNB, processor intel core i5 3230M, running on 64 bit OS, 8 GB ram, Currently running on win 10 that i upgraded from win 8 last year. so i got this update " Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511, 10586." i downloaded the update and tried to install but it failed. tried several time , still no use. then i contacted ms tech support. they told me to download a iso file using media creation tool which i did. then used a flash drive to install the iso. everything went fine until the installation progress hits 33%. suddenly it stopped popping a message " something happaned, win 10 installation has failed." I tried to install the iso several times but that error occurs at 33% every time. Help me asap

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First of all.....
Do you have a backup of all your critical data? Do you have a disk image of your current installation?
Have your tried......
Instead of downloading the ISO and creating the installation media yourself, letting the process perform the in-place upgrade real-time.
I noticed that a couple people have reported having some luck by going that route.

Reaction score
Hi.. My laptop model is Sony Vaio SVE15137CNB, processor intel core i5 3230M, running on 64 bit OS, 8 GB ram, Currently running on win 10 that i upgraded from win 8 last year. so i got this update " Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1511, 10586." i downloaded the update and tried to install but it failed. tried several time , still no use. then i contacted ms tech support. they told me to download a iso file using media creation tool which i did. then used a flash drive to install the iso. everything went fine until the installation progress hits 33%. suddenly it stopped popping a message " something happaned, win 10 installation has failed." I tried to install the iso several times but that error occurs at 33% every time. Help me asap

Why would you want the 1607 Anniversary update, when it has nothing but trouble attached to it. Computer freezes, plus a few more that Microsoft don't want you to know about. Just leave the laptop as is and love the WIN10 if you can't love something else. I would move back to version 1511 in a second if I had the choice as I'm over the 10 days limit. Wait couple years till MS hires some 10 years old computer nerd that know how to build a OS.

Reaction score
Screenshot (65).png

what about this error. it appears after the start up.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
what about this error. it appears after the start up.
Looks pretty self explanatory to me.
Do a clean boot and figure out what is producing it.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Then..... assuming that it is not some bloatware / crapware that you've gotten by virtue of installing another program. Get a fresh download from the program's provider and re-install.

Reaction score
i did a clean boot but could not figure out what causing it. please explain step by step to detect the corrupted program.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When you performed the "Clean Boot" ......
Did you still get the error?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Basically you're just disabling all the Startup Items and All non-Microsoft services.
Be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services, as you don't want to accidentally disable any of those.

After configuring your machine to Clean Boot, if that seems to provide any relief from the problem you will then have to take some time and determine what the offending program, service / process might be.
Carefully and deliberately one non-Microsoft service at a time or in very small groups re-enable them, rebooting after each change to observe any changes. Then graduate to the Startup items again rebooting after each change.

Understanding that in some cases, a Startup item may have a non-microsoft service associated with it and as a result you may not notice the impact until both the Startup item and the service are re-enabled.

Ask a Question