Win 10 Version 1607 & Quickbooks Pro

Reaction score
Windows 10 Version 1607 was auto updated to my comp. I use Quickbooks Pro 2011 and it is essential for my business. After the update the program will not open. It starts to open the quits. Windows opens a troubleshooter that fails to find a solution, so it is lather, rinse, repeat. I uninstalled the update and went back to the last version and everything works fine. Is there a solution to getting Win 10 V. 1607 to work with Quickbooks Pro?? Currently I am running Win 10 Pro. V 1511

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Shaggieone,

Welcome to the forum.

According to the developers of Quickbook Pro the only certified version to support windows 10 is QB Pro 2016.

They do note QB Pro 2015 seems to work with little trouble, but continue to state PB 2014 or earlier are not supported.

If this is a vital business tool then its probably time to invest in an upgrade of the tool.

One thing you could attempt when 1607 is reinstalled is to right-click the QB Pro 2011 executable file and select Properties > Compatibility tab then run the Compatibility Trouble Shoot

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question