Win-10 will not start download

Reaction score
Hello, I am really frustrated trying to install Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium in my MSI S6000 laptop. I click on the "Get Windows 10" icon and a window pops-up saying: "Your free Windows 10 upgrade is here!" I click on the button "OK Let's continue" and that is the end of it. I see the wheel rotating for an hour or two and nothing happens. Nothing gets downloaded and no other window pops up. I have pops up allowed, and everything else is at the default settings. What is wrong with y Windows 10 upgrade? I will really appreciate all the help on this before I throw my laptop out of the window!

Reaction score
Assuming you have restarted and you are now back on the normal Win 7 desktop.

Give this a try.............................

1. Download the media Creation Toll. Make sure you pick the correct bit version.http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/soft...?OCID=reserve_r_PostReserve_MediaCreationTool

2. Run the Tool.
Select Create installation media for another PC option. That creates a Win 10 ISO.

3. Right click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin. This method allows you to keep your files, settings and apps. You can choose to "keep nothing".
This method does not require product key.

I used the same method to install my 2 laptops.

Ask a Question