Win 10 wont finish install

Reaction score
AMD A8 processor, 16g Ram, 250g SSD HD. Started the install, it go to a restart point, when it rebooted, I get a blue screen that says Welcome Back (name) with NEXT lower right, when I click on it, it does nothing.
How do I roll back or finish the install. I cant get it to do nothing but the blue screen?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I cant get it to do nothing but the blue screen?
Not good....
How do I roll back or finish the install.
Boot from the installation media, on the second page after choose a language and keyboard layout, you'll see a link that says "Repair Your PC", select that
Sort through the screens to get to the advance trouble shooting options....
AdvancedOptions.JPG
Choose Advanced options

Troubleshoot.JPG
Choose Troubleshoot

CommandPrompt.JPG

Try some of these, starting with Startup Repair, System Restore and as a last resort Go back to.....
Where mine says "previous build" yours should reference your previous version of Windows.
It would be great if you had made a System Image in advance so that you could use that instead but I assume that, that was not the case.

Reaction score
I couldnt even get there. it would only boot to that blue screen. so used win7 disk and started all over. what took me a year to build, win 10 crashed in five minutes. See if I ever use that again. I dont know why Microsoft has become such pieces of crap.

Ask a Question