Win 11

Reaction score
well i posted on win11 about the new update heading our way and they told me my pc was not compatible, but a windows certified refurbisher on ebay told me that if anyone has 20h1 or newer that win11 will work on there pcs. so what say you here? is that guy blowing smoke or is it a bit too soon to tell yet. in his replies to me he states his refurbished pcs get a brand new coa on them for win10. and he told me all of his pcs will update to win11 when it gets here because he has 20h1 or newer on them. i told him have a probook 6570b with 21h1 running and he told me i should be good to go. but i guess i will have to see in oct when windows starts pushing that new os. i know we have a few years with win10 but i'm trying to get a handle on it before it is to late, so now is as good a time to ask as any i guess. thanks.

Reaction score
see this post:

Your tech guy sounds like he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

Reaction score
he is not my tech guy just a reseller on ebay that i asked if his listing was win11 ready. i guess i have to wait a bit to see whant windows makes that tool ready for everyone to use. thanks.

Reaction score
he is not my tech guy just a reseller on ebay that i asked if his listing was win11 ready. i guess i have to wait a bit to see whant windows makes that tool ready for everyone to use. thanks.
  • WhyNotWin11: and Windows 11 Compatibility Check as mentioned at the end of the article will also tell you if your system meets the specs.

Reaction score
i have used that tool and it tells me all 3 of my pcs are not win11 compatible. but they all have 21h1 ver. installed on them. and if what that ebay microsoft authorized refurbisher. (These units are professionally refurbished by a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR))
this guy said if any pc has 21h1 installed and operating that win11 will run on them.

so yes i did try that win11 compatibility tool or at least that is what the win11 site said to use. they sent a link for the pc health tool. this is what that tool said. the secure boot i may be able to set up in the boot screen as now i have it for legacy so i could get the new hard drive to work. maybe by now they will run in the uefi mode! i may get tpm 2.0 now i have tpm 1.2 on all of them. and my cpu's are to old. but i have 21h1 ver on all 3 and that guy said win11 will run on my pcs. so like i said we will soon see. thanks.

i can click the device specs and that tell me my ps is not compatible.
pc compatibliity tool.png

Reaction score
i have used that tool and it tells me all 3 of my pcs are not win11 compatible. but they all have 21h1 ver. installed on them. and if what that ebay microsoft authorized refurbisher. (These units are professionally refurbished by a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR))
this guy said if any pc has 21h1 installed and operating that win11 will run on them.

so yes i did try that win11 compatibility tool or at least that is what the win11 site said to use. they sent a link for the pc health tool. this is what that tool said. the secure boot i may be able to set up in the boot screen as now i have it for legacy so i could get the new hard drive to work. maybe by now they will run in the uefi mode! i may get tpm 2.0 now i have tpm 1.2 on all of them. and my cpu's are to old. but i have 21h1 ver on all 3 and that guy said win11 will run on my pcs. so like i said we will soon see. thanks.

i can click the device specs and that tell me my ps is not compatible.
View attachment 13643
As I think about this some more, the guy may be right. If you can get it to install, W11 will most likely run on it. I remember seeing a Microsoft statement to the effect that W11 may run on some non-compliant systems, but they won't be supported, and upgrades would have to be done manually. Or at least that's what I got out of the statement. As I mentioned above, running a Hyper-V Virtual machine set up properly, works very well.

Reaction score
ok i will have to wait now until it actually rolls out and see if amy or all of my pcs will install it. if not then i will deal with win10 until they stop supporting it for security and then i may just install aftermarket antivirus program to do what windows stop doing. i went thru that with google chromebooks but they would not install antivirus programs so i junked them for windows again. but if windows does go the way google did i may just turn to linux and learn how to run that. i do have an acer laptop i got a few months ago but because it is so slow i just gave up, but i may get another ssd drive and install it on this pc and see it runs faster, or i may take the hard drive out of that acer laptop and see how it does on this laptop, if it runs faster then i will just switch when the win10 goes away. but we have a few years so someone may figure out how to get older pcs to work. thanks a bunch and lets see how it goes.

Ask a Question