Win10 built-in email application allow cut&paste, snippet, and jpeg signatures?

Reaction score
Just when you think your comfort level using Windows 10 Pro is good I now find Windows 10 Pro 64-bit will not allow me to embed a snippet graphic within the text of a email using the new Win 10 email app. I also find I cannot cut and paste into the same email created with the new Win10 email app. Anyone else having this issue?

Same new email app will not allow me to use a scanned jpeg signature. Other identified issues include the fact I cannot use , again, the new email app to get my gmail. Verizon mail works but uses ports 110 and 25 but gmail cannot be setup other than opening up a web page, navigating to google, then getting gmail...lot's of wasted steps just to retrieve gmail. I've identified this gmail issue is caused by Verizon with their dsl router....only way to collect gmail is to lower the security settings from "high to low" which I really do not care to do. Per chance do other Verizon dsl subscribers have these very same issues? Thanks everyone

Reaction score
In my personal opinion only.
The Mail app in Win 10 is the most rudimentary email program, bar none.

If you have an email client that works for you before Windows 10, stay with it.

Sorry this isn't much of a reply, but I truly believe no one should waste time with that mail app.

Reaction score
Davidhk129, I "was" using MS Outlook until just recently. Verizon, my dsl provider, changed ports and making matters worse the Verizon Westell router provided me makes it extremely difficult if not impossible to enabling ports 465 and 95. Verizon brushed me off when I voice concerns about these changes. Outlook to me, was the best email client (1-click allowed me to get all my gmail, Verizon, and Hotmail but alas no more). There is one way to do this however I absolutely refuse to lower my hardware firewall settings on this stupid Westell 7500 router...way too much viruses, adware, and malware which always manages to ruin my o/s. I have cloned drives at the ready to get back up and running when this occurs however who really wants to clone spare drives on a weekly or monthly basis?

Reaction score
Obviously you are from US and I'm in Canada, and we have different ISP.

Mine is bell.net and no issues from them. They are actually very helpful.
I have been using Windows Live Mail as my email client since its introduction.
I have a POP account and a Hotmail account configured into it. Never have any issue.

Must you use Verizon ?

Reaction score
Sadly I must say...yes!....Verizon has me by my "short and curlies" . Other providers in my area are way more expensive

Ask a Question