Win10 install has stopped

Reaction score
Brand new pc. I downloaded from microsofts website onto a usb. Install has been sitting at 84% for about an hour now. Theres no error and it doesnt appear to be frozen. Is this normal?

Reaction score
Yes i downloaded the media creation tool on my laptop then windows 10 onto my usb. Sorry but how do i know theres hard drive activity?

Reaction score
light on your computer flashing/blinking...
be patient with the tool. it can take sometimes more time to get finished. just let it run its course...

Reaction score
Patience is the key, 2 machines here took 4 hrs from start to finish. Mine sat at 25-50-75% for what seemed like hours. I think it has been the best Win 10 update. Works smooth and not one glitch or complaint with the OS

Reaction score
Have a look in your "download" folder, and see if there is anything arriving. Have you looked, also, in the "settings- Updates to see if it is requesting a reboot.

Reaction score
Its just been built so theres no files to look in. My hdd led is not flashing, it doesnt seem to be having any activity. The light on the usb is flashing though. Its been at 85% since about 7am.

Reaction score
Of course! I just had a thought that, perhaps, it was installing and had created those files. -But The HD remains totally empty. ??

Reaction score
How do i know if its empty? Could i have installed the hdd wrong? It wouldve given me an error right?

Reaction score
It may not help, but it could give some useful info. Grab a live (Linux) DVD and run it.

Reaction score
I had two systems which hesitated at around 83% to 93%. Both continued and finished the upgrade after I disabled and then re-enabled the Wireless Network adapter.

If you are running an Ethernet connection, you could try the same thing but my Ethernet system did not encounter the situation.

Ask a Question