Win10 Live Mail floders

Reaction score
I am using win 10 Live Mail as my email engine. where are the folders kept ?
I would like to use Robocopy to backup the email folders if I can.

Reaction score
Right Click on one of the folders and look at the properties. The location should be there.

Reaction score
  1. File
  2. Options
  3. Mail
  4. Advanced
  5. Maintenance
  6. Store Folder
You can also move the folder to a new location and then edit the Store Folder location to match.

In fact I have moved the location outside of the OS so that it is not effected during a restore/recovery. Upon a clean install setting this location to a previously used mail location, Windows Live Mail will continue where the last install left off. I've done this several times.

Reaction score
Similar (I think). I have a folder which I call "Mailbox". This is located on an external HD. Whenever I reinstall or reapply a new image, After reinstalling Live Mail, should it be needed, I go to File - Options - Mail - Advanced - Maintenance, and point to Mailbox as my storage folder.
This sets up my mail, exactly as was, all folders intact as before, and even finds and sets up my Email addresses.

Ask a Question