Win10 Mail bug?

Reaction score
I have some email addresses on Windows Live Mail, and have been migrating them over to Windows Mail since downloading Win10. But after deleting one of the addresses from Windows Mail and putting it back on Live Mail, Windows Mail still downloads mail for it even though the address does not appear on the accounts list. Is there any way that I can prevent this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's possible that while the account was configured in the Mail app, you may have linked inboxes.
You can take a look and see if you can unlink it, although you may have to add it back to do so successfully.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Thank you Trouble -- yes, the inbox was linked. I added the account back in and linked it again, but I can't see any means of unlinking.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
but I can't see any means of unlinking.
You just go back to the same screen and uncheck the other account.
You should see a notice at the bottom "Accounts will be unlinked and become separate inboxes."
Click "Save"

Reaction score
I followed your instructions to unlink the account, deleted it, and then sent a message to the unlinked and deleted account. It still shows up on the Win10 Mail app.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked the other account to make sure you have not configured forwarding?

Reaction score
@Trouble:
I think your question about forwarding may be relevant after all. The account in question is a gmail account, removed from Win10 Mail. However, there is another gmail account that remains in Win10 Mail. It seems that gmail is forwarding to the alternate address for some reason that I don't yet understand, so not a problem with Win10 Mail after all. Gmail is a complete mystery to me. Thanks for your interest in my problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up.
If you managed to figure out the root of the problem please keep us informed.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question