SOLVED WIN10 update > "login PIN incorrect"

Reaction score
After to-day's update, my PC WIN10 will not accept the login PIN I have used for 12 months.
Now my PC is dead to me. Is there any way short of a new WIN10 installation of getting it to work again?

Reaction score
When you login, there should be a small link under the input box that is asking for your PIN. It says 'sign in options'. Click on it and change to Password. Use your normal password to get in. Once you are in, go to the Settings and reset your PIN.

Reaction score
Thanks but I tried that option. Since I have used MS operating systems for 20 years I must have had a password once. I tried their suggestion account.live.com/password/reset but it did not work for me yesterday. I have just tried it again and it found my old account and allowed a new password reset. On login it said it was in the middle of an update - this it has now finished and the operating system is working OK.
Now I need to reset my PIN or else turn off the MS security.

Ask a Question