Window 10 Update Final Release

Reaction score
I have a question about the roll out of the final version of Windows 10 on July 29th
Will the mass update have any affect on OEM Windows 10 installations. The reason I ask is, the Grandkid's PC came with OEM Windows 10 installed. I do have a recent image of their system. should they have a problem.
I understand there may be the odd update for OEM installs, but nothing comparable to the updates for users with Windows 10 upgrade.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
have a question about the roll out of the final version of Windows 10 on July 29th
July 29th marks the end date for the "free" upgrade to Windows 10.
AND
Technically Windows 10 has been "final" since first released as build 10240, although some might suggest that it was an unfinished release considering the subsequent November Update "1511 (build 10586) also a "final".
Now we await the "Anniversary Edition" update to Redstone (build 14393.x or whatever it will be) on August 2nd (as reported).
AND THEN....
Those of us who remain on the Insider Preview program will begin with the Second Wave of Redstone (rs2_whatever)

As Windows 10 is reported to be that last Windows Operating System, I don't believe that it will ever be "final.... final" in the way we are used to thinking about a final Release To Manufactures.

It will "rollout" across all versions regardless of their source (OEM, Retail, Upgrade, etc., etc.) for home and pro, for PC and Mobile.
That rollout which is reported to be scheduled to begin on August 2nd (10 more days), may be a step process, depending on geographical locations and Content Delivery Networks availability and no doubt, to some extend dependent on demand and consequent network saturation.
So it may be slower going for some and relatively fast for others.
I suspect that Windows Insiders already have it (assuming they are on the fast ring and have 14393.3 installed).
So there may not be much for us to actually download on August 2nd, barring any last minute cumulative updates.

Reaction score
Trouble Thanks! For the update they have consumed enough band width with past updates. Hopefully the August "Anniversary Edition" update is minor with no big surprises.
As a moderators you guys do a great job at handling the workload. Hey! You might be bored after the Anniversary Edition. LOL

Regedit32

Reaction score
As a moderators you guys do a great job at handling the workload. Hey! You might be bored after the Anniversary Edition. LOL

I see you are a glass half full kind of guy Norton :D

The day humans stop playing with their computers is when Trouble will be bored. In the meanwhile ...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This single malt glass of scotch I'm currently sipping on, seems to always be half or more empty. :)
As for boredom..... As long as HP, Dell and the like keep making computers and selling them to the general public, I'm pretty sure I'll always have something to keep me entertained and occupied.

Reaction score
I call them Tweakers :D
This single malt glass of scotch I'm currently sipping on, seems to always be half or more empty. :)
As for boredom..... As long as HP, Dell and the like keep making computers and selling them to the general public, I'm pretty sure I'll always have something to keep me entertained and occupied.

I say it's curiosity that kills a PC ;)

Reaction score

So true!! Keeps me busy too.

Ask a Question