Window movie maker

Reaction score
Just realized the old window movie maker from 2012 window essential was no longer available on my computer. I loved that program but I tried window new movie maker which does not seem able to make video combining both photos and video. The photo slide is out of order too.
Does any one know of any other movie maker in the market that can do similar editing like the old one ??

Reaction score
I haven’t found any replacement & as WMM still works on Windows 10 (& 11) I still continue to use it.
If you cannot find it or it doesn’t work I have saved Live Essentials to my MediaFire account:

Reaction score
I haven’t found any replacement & as WMM still works on Windows 10 (& 11) I still continue to use it.
If you cannot find it or it doesn’t work I have saved Live Essentials to my MediaFire account:
Thank you for the info, however, I clicked on the above two links, many sites showed up. Do not know which one is safe to downloads now since window warns about it may have malware in some sites.

BTW, I also checked the archive.org and do not know where to find the download for the movie maker. Any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My MediaFire link should take you directly to the download page:
This is 100% safe as it is the .exe I personally used to install Live Mail just recently.
5652AD82-67F2-461C-99FC-A1407F6396AA.jpeg

This is the direct link taken from the Web Archive for the installer:

Reaction score
Sorry did not get to respond to you earlier. I tried the media fire link and after clicking download, whole bunch of ads showed up when I decline notification then virus warning showed up. Thank you for your info. I am afraid to go further now.

Reaction score
Can you provide a screenshot of the virus warning?
It is most likely a warning from your AV software that .exe files may contain a virus. I assure you that file doesn’t. I run Defender & MalwareBytes Premium & both show the file is clean.

Reaction score
Thank you for your message again. I had to get tech help from HP to update window 10 after so many virus alerts. They updated my window 10. With your encouragement I tried again . It works!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!

Reaction score
You’re welcome.
The good thing is that Live Mail still works on Windows 11.

I take it the virus alerts weren’t on the site but that you were infected already?

Reaction score
You’re welcome.
The good thing is that Live Mail still works on Windows 11.

I take it the virus alerts weren’t on the site but that you were infected already?
According to HP tech support I do not have virus because I have McFee, but some how the many virus alert showed up after I got in wlset download. They are all scams. He said my window 10 was 2 year old version. So he helped me to update it. After that , movie maker download was smooth sailing. So happy that I can work on movie again. Yeh!!!! Thanks again!!

Reaction score
I am also looking for a video maker that have all features to make a professional video, Currently am using VSCO but never satisfied.

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Enjoy Movie Maker. :)
My computer broke down again and wiped out the movie maker. I could not download it from your media fire. and the wlset-all I downloaded from cnet does not seem to include movie maker now.
Appreciate your advice and help.:(o_O

Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt response, I tried your link and downloaded but the movie maker is not there only:( some messenger app showed up with errors message. It may be a goner now.

Reaction score
If other Live programs are still installed then it will show these & ask if you wish to repair or uninstall them. You may have to do that then the installer will show all the programs. If it is gone then you may have to use the offline/US installer.

Reaction score
Fooling around with downloading and uninstalled the message and letter functions, I checked into the photo and somehow able to watch my movie project, then I clicked on the new movie and the proper movie maker screen showed up. I am so thankful for your help and thrilled to have it back. I pin it to the task bar as active project. Do not know how to save the app as icon and not sure if I close it whether I will find it again.
It is working now. Thank you sooo much!!!

Reaction score
Glad to hear.
You can check under Programs (x86)>Microsoft>Windows Live Essentials for all the programs, If you right click on the Movie Maker icon there & choose send to desktop which will create an icon. For Win 11 you may have to choose More options.

Ask a Question