SOLVED Windows 10 and Drivers, the usual supects delay drivers...?

Reaction score
If you have been following the development of Windows 10 as much as I have to the point of stalking. Then you will know that Windows 10 (is basically rewriting the book on drivers for your OS) Windows 10 will be the first OS to be ready to install without you nagging the developers of your favourite hardware for drivers for Windows 10. Well we all live in a real world and we all know that Microsoft said the same thing about Windows 8 and 8.1... To which they did, kind of fulfil but didn't actually hit the bullseye.

So I thought that I would reach out to a couple of hardware manufacturers, which was well over a week ago and they have all come back with the usual reply. Windows 10 is still in beta and until Microsoft release Windows 10, we are unable to confirm or deny that drivers will be ready for Windows 10. Lets just rewind a little, Windows 10 is still in beta. Have they been following the news on the development of Windows 10. Clearly they haven't. I cannot state which organisation said this for legal reasons, as I don't want to be sued. Windows 10 is on the verge of going GOLD Release To Manufacturer RTM But other large corporate organisations, like NVidia, Intel and AMD have been working with Microsoft to develop drivers, Hardware and working closely with Microsoft to bring the best performance on the day of release.

Now the usual suspects who are notoriously known for being late when it comes to developing drivers for a new Windows OS...? Are A**S and Cre***** L**s. They have had well over a year to create drivers and they are always late or they just throw in the towel and say. You know what...? Lets create an all new Windows 10 compatible MB and our clients will have to buy a new MB and soundcard which really s**ks. Thankfully mine is pretty new and their isn't an issue with drivers at the moment.

So will they deliver on time for Windows 10...?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure who you've been talking to, but.....
It's probably important to know that often, Motherboard Manufacturers have to rely on the actual Chipset Manufacturer for drivers and subsequent driver updates to support various operating systems (new, old, futuristic).
Just this past Thursday Gigabyte bundled a new package of updates for my board http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4959#dl
targeting Windows 10, but with one exception they're Intel drivers not gigabyte drivers.
My primary concern is for peripherals like Printers / AIOs. This is usually the time where you find that your old trusty device is now just old and not so trusty. A lot of people might be buying new computers with Windows 10 64 bit installed, only to find out that there aren't any 64 bit drivers for the peripheral that they were planning to attach and use.

Reaction score
I finally have, for the moment, a stable and functional Windows 10 system with build 10166. After tracking down a bad stick of ram that was causing some issues all is well. When Creative posted up a tentative release date for Windows 10 drivers it was shown as early June. Then it changed to early July and it is now August. Fortunately my Z card is operating OK with whatever drivers Windows has installed although for a while earlier there were numerous issues with Creative cards. My GTX980 video card is operating OK as far as I know with the possible exception of a taskbar disappearing issue that I don't know if it is a Windows or video card problem. My Canon printer operates wirelessly just as it should and I haven't encountered any problems with it. I can understand the difficulty in writing hardware programs when Microsoft is making changes almost daily. Since everything is stable on both of my computers I'm guessing that Microsoft may be finished with any major changes to hardware driver requirements which is a welcome change from the days when I was plagued with problems heaped on problems.

Reaction score
I was pleased when I saw Windows 10 drivers for Conextant sound appear from MS as that had been a problem on my laptop and even more pleased when Nvidia had a W10 driver for the video on my other W10 machine. MS insists on trying to install to strange things for my HP printer but the current full install on HP.com, probably a W8.1 kit works perfectly.
When I install the official release on my main PC the only problem I expect is with my add-on USB 3 card as everything else on that machine is pretty standard.

I find that build 10166 seems to be stable.

Reaction score
They still force newer Nvidia drivers on me. I need 326.80 beta or 327.23 whql for some projects I run on my older gtx 660ti's. I've sent feedback on this and think it's bad policy.

Reaction score
Certainly GEForce Experience OFFERS new drivers but I have always seen a button to not download them.

Reaction score
All I want is for my built in Chicony webcam on my Toshiba Satellite L750 to start working again.

Reaction score
All I want is for my built in Chicony webcam on my Toshiba Satellite L750 to start working again.
The webcam on my tablet doesn't work with anything above windows 7. That's on Toshiba to provide up to date drivers. Unfortunately PC manufactures don't care about supporting older models. They only care about selling new PC's. Their hope is that you'll buy a new one.

Reaction score
Trying to find the correct drivers for the Dell 968 W. I looked on the Dell site and found the 968 for windows 10 is not supported at this time. Tried removing, and reinstalling using older drivers for Window 7 and 8 and still cannot get the printer to print. The documents go to the printer, but printer will not print. Really bummed that I did not think about or know about this before I made the upgrade plunge.

Ask a Question