Windows 10 Assistant Update?

Reaction score
Hello, not good with tech stuff so forgive me if I state terms and such incorrectly.

Just an hour ago this random shortcut to an app called "Windows 10 Update Assistant" came on my desktop, stating its going to update the OS due to security issues and such. It also appeared in the C:Directory.

I just wanted to know if this is something official by Microsoft. It seems like malware by the way it forces itself to update Windows 10, how it automatically installed itself on my computer, and I've heard it keeps reinstalling when uninstalled.

If this is malware, what do I do to remove it completely?

If this is legit, then why have something like this when automatic updates (or whatever its called) is turned on? Would there be any problem if Windows 10 updates through this app?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
A web search returned this link

If this doesn't seem to be what you have, you could do the following
Run a "Microsoft Defender Offline Scan", Also run "Malware Bytes" and "Adaware" or "Spybot" or similart. AFAIK, "Microsoft Defender Offline Scan" doesn't report back it's findings, but the others should.

Ask a Question