Windows 10 automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Reaction score
Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
4790k stock
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with standard bios:
On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

Last edited:

Ask a Question