Windows 10 blinking

Reaction score
Hey, so I recently upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. After the upgrade I clean installed my Windows 10 and hadn't experienced any problems. I then downloaded the appropriate drivers for my hardware and then a avast, and then steam. After it sat for about an hour or so my screen started blinking. It seems to do it whenever the system loads. I cant get around anywhere on the desktop either because when it blinks my mouse goes to the center of the screen. I tried to delete and reinstall my graphics card drivers, but it didn't work. I tried entering safe mode, but it still blinked there. I even tried resetting Windows, but still no luck. Please help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It definitely sounds like a GPU driver issue, but if it's doing it in safe mode also then I would suspect probably not.
Check your monitor settings and make sure you're not over driving it. Make sure it's set for the proper Hertz..... lcd / led 60 Hertz, older CRTs tend to not work so good at 60 Hertz so experiment.
Right click blank area of desktop and choose Display settings
click link "Advanced display settings"
click link "Display adapter properties"
Click button " List all Modes"
See what you have it set to now.
Be careful when changing it. Do not jump it to something too high, if it is set at 60 Hertz and it's a flat panel that should be proper.
IF it's a CRT it will likely roll at 60 try bumping it up a little.

Reaction score
I did what you said and it worked for a little bit. It is now back to the annoying flashing. It is very frustrating because I can't do anything since it constantly brings mouse cursor to the middle

Reaction score
It definitely sounds like a GPU driver issue, but if it's doing it in safe mode also then I would suspect probably not.
Check your monitor settings and make sure you're not over driving it. Make sure it's set for the proper Hertz..... lcd / led 60 Hertz, older CRTs tend to not work so good at 60 Hertz so experiment.
Right click blank area of desktop and choose Display settings
click link "Advanced display settings"
click link "Display adapter properties"
Click button " List all Modes"
See what you have it set to now.
Be careful when changing it. Do not jump it to something too high, if it is set at 60 Hertz and it's a flat panel that should be proper.
IF it's a CRT it will likely roll at 60 try bumping it up a little.
I forgot to hit repy on your comment, please read the other thing I have posted

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check the setting again and see if it remains as you set it or if it has reverted back

Reaction score
Check the setting again and see if it remains as you set it or if it has reverted back
I checked and it seems to be the same, however now it stopped again. I just checked my drivers and it says everything is up to date. Let's hope it's done.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Let's hope.
IDK if this is a laptop or a desktop but if there is a connective cable involved you might inspect both ends and confirm they are both seated firmly.
If it's a laptop try experimenting with the hinge positions and see if it clears things up.

Reaction score
Let's hope.
IDK if this is a laptop or a desktop but if there is a connective cable involved you might inspect both ends and confirm they are both seated firmly.
If it's a laptop try experimenting with the hinge positions and see if it clears things up.
It has started up again. It is a desktop and I dont think its a problem with the hdmi because I also noticed that when it blinks, the volume freaks out as well.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
what GPU is it and which driver version are you using?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is that the one where you need to uncheck something like 3d stereoscopic something or other.
I think I read something somewhere that a particular setting within the nVidia control panel was the culprit although I can't be positive exactly what it was.

Ask a Question