Windows 10 blurry text

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a 25" monitor and I upgraded to Windows 10 quite recently. With Windows 7, all of the fonts were sharp and crisp. Since the upgrade, some fonts look a little blurry or fuzzy. This doesn't happen in all applications, but in quite a lot of them.

My display specs are:

LG 25UM58-P 25-Inch 21:9 UltraWide FHD IPS Monitor
NVIDIA 1070 GTX

I have tried playing with the DPI scaling options, as they are set to zoom at the moment. Things look better if I disable DPI scaling, but then eveything looks really small and some of my apps aren't usable.

What can I do to make it so that I get a proper scaled display without fuzzy fonts? Was buying a 2k monitor a mistake?

Reaction score
Gerber Have you read the owners manual and performed a screen calibration.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may also be worth checking your ClearType settings, as you can refine how the font smoothing looks. Type "ClearType" in to the search bar and load the "Adjust ClearType Text" app. It'll guide you through a short wizard to try and improve things.

Sometimes, DPI scaling does make things look a little strange. My laptop operates at 150% DPI scaling, but it tries to default to 175% and things look a little out of sorts (I'd hesitate to say text is blurry, but it's not as crisp as with it at 150% or disabled).

Reaction score
The gamma control affects everything on the computer darker fonts darker pics. Not what you would expect to have to fiddle with in an OS. Windows 10 was supposed to be top of the range. Windows 98 is sharper and better defined. Microsoft need to address this problem or I for one will bin it and go back to 7. My W7 hdd is waiting patiently on the desk.

Ask a Question