Windows 10 Boot problem

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've posted my problem on a few forums but so far i've had 0 responses so I'm really hoping someone here has an answer.

So I've built my first PC and installed windows 10 no problems, my issue is that after the install and resetting the PC windows will not automatically boot itself, I have to enter the Bios and select the disk in boot override (Asus).
Since then I have tried reinstalling the OS multiple times and still no luck at all.

Please if someone can help me I'm getting kinda desperate now

Regards

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What happens when you don't select the drive from the one time boot menu? Do you get an error message?
Sounds to me like the system might be expecting "Secure boot" / UEFI / Windows Boot Manager
AND
Your install might be Legacy BIOS / MBR
OR
vice versa (the other way round).

OR you might want to double check your disk drive's connection and confirm that the SATA cable from that drive is attached to your motherboard's SATA 0 (sometimes SATA 1 depending on the numbering system employed) on the primary storage controller (some motherboards have more than one storage controller).

How many physical disks do you have attached to the motherboard?
Did you have multiple disks attached when you installed the OS?
IS it possible that a secondary disk might contain the BCD (boot configuration data) and marked as "Active"

Reaction score
Make sure you have removed the install media. Most Bios have sections where is lists drives for priority and another section where it sets the default Boot Device. If you installed as UEFI, you should be using a Windows Boot Manager as the Boot Device.

Otherwise, if you can get us a picture of your Disk Management picture which includes the graphical presentation of the partitions, you could attach it here. Maybe someone would notice something.

Ask a Question