Windows 10 Boot Problems

Reaction score
I am having a series of boot problems with my Windows 10 64bit Desktop computer. The problem began two days ago when i noticed my machine was taking an age to boot. Once it did,everything seemed fine. I immediately rebooted and saw the error,on a black screen where it had searched every drive looking for a file called GRLDR. The result stated 'Cant find GRLDR'.

In the course of my research i discovered there is a connection between GRLDR and Linux. I have never installed Linux on this computer. I ran a Windows 10 repair disc to access startup repair options at the command prompt. That resulted in an error notification stating that the BCD file contains some invalid information. Status:0xc000000f The associated Winows boot loader entry may not be available for selection until the problem is rectified by an administrator.

I visited a Windows problem page where they advised me to run bootrec.exe followed by bootrec /rebuildbcd this failed with an error: element not found.

I tried again with bootrec.exe and fixboot which again said: element not found.

So that's where i am at, the machine continues to boot really slowly,but the errors are still there. All of this follows these Win 10 updates which are as follows:

today i see that(KB4559309) requires a restart to finish installing. This was already installed on 26/06??

(KB4497165) which became available yesterday 30/06 and took a long time to install.

(KB4559309) which was installed immediately prior to the problems on 26/06**

I tried to layout the problem as best i can and i would appreciate any help offered.

Ask a Question