Windows 10 Bug, Please help!

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have been having a bit of a struggle with windows 10 recently.
Firstly, my start menu doesn't work at all; it used to give me a critical error message but now it just doesn't do anything at all.
Secondly, my search/cortana box doesn't work either, when I click on it it just doesn't do anything.
Then Microsoft edge and the windows app store uninstalled themselves; they just disappeared completely from my computer after logging on one day. I have had a look for a bit around the internet and tried every method I could find, however none of them worked. I read somewhere that creating a new user fixed it however I cannot actually get onto the control panel to create a new user and the admin account built in also doesn't allow me to create a new user.
I am guessing that im gonna have to reset my PC which is annoying but il do it if need be.
Thanks in advance,

Reaction score
if you can access your 'File Explorer' try :
Windows > SysWOW64 > WindowsPowerShell > v1.0 .......
right click on 'powershell_ise.exe' ..... 'Send to' ..... Desktop (Create a Shortcut)
right click the shortcut (Windows PowerShell ISE (x86)) .... select 'run as administrator,

copy & paste into Powershell :

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

after it has run, test your start menu, search/cortana, microsoft edge & app store
(you may need to reboot to re-activate them)

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying
I tried your method however unfortunately it didn't work.
Any more suggestions?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I read somewhere that creating a new user fixed it however I cannot actually get onto the control panel to create a new user and the admin account built in also doesn't allow me to create a new user.
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type