Windows 10 Built In Virus Protection

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the built in virus ware that comes with 10 is any good? Thanks!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
It is well rated. Updates happen invisibly nearly every day. It doesn't ruin the performance of the PC. It has all the things you'd want integrated into a Windows security tab in Settings.

I recommend that it with the free version of Malwarebytes run once a week or so.

Combined with reasonably safe surfing and not opening any suspicion emails and also not clicking on links with emails.

Reaction score
Cannot add to Tim's post. But, there is another current post on forum with criticism of Windows Defender.
There may be exceptions, but most ant virus program are using the same Dbase for updated definitions. There are configuration considerations, but most of the free offers, do the same thing. The Paid for versions only add items which are not, necessarily, required in order to keep your computer clean.
With a program which regularly informs me that it has updated the definitions, I am more than satisfied.
As suggested , a free quick scan program is a good idea. Malwarebytes comes out on top.

Reaction score

Reaction score
It is well rated. Updates happen invisibly nearly every day. It doesn't ruin the performance of the PC. It has all the things you'd want integrated into a Windows security tab in Settings.

I recommend that it with the free version of Malwarebytes run once a week or so.

Combined with reasonably safe surfing and not opening any suspicion emails and also not clicking on links with emails.

Reaction score
It's not the 100% best antivirus out there. I've always been critical of it, but recently it's detection rates have gotten much better. It's also very lightweight, so it doesn't impact performance much.In combination with a weekly scan using the free version of malwarebyte, you should be fine with it.

Reaction score
Thank you. I've been using AVG for several years now and am happy with it so I was curious when I found out 10 has built in protection. I have it turned off of course so the two don't argue.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the built in virus ware that comes with 10 is any good? Thanks!
Windows Defender is the best, nothing beats the same. when it comes to being less complicated and less blocking your things

Ask a Question