Windows 10 can't load icons and icons in my "This PC" window.

Reaction score
I have no idea what to search for for this issue I'm having. I've searched several times on Google but never got the same issue I'm currently experiencing.

Please see image attached for reference to my issue.

I have tried rebooting but it doesn't fix the issue. I can run files perfectly it's just that can't I can't access the "This PC" window and even on my desktop all icons are blank.

Anyone know how to correct this issue? Thanks~

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 536

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I think I would start by rebuilding the icon and thumbnail cache as described here
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-icon-clear-thumbnail-cache-windows-10
They even provide a small application at the bottom of the article that will do it for you, if you prefer not to do it manually.

Looking at the image you attached I can't help but notice that the progress indicator in the address bar seems to not have finished enumerating the contents of "This PC".
How long have you left it alone to see if it ever finishes?

Reaction score
I just realized I didn't explain the issue in detail my apologies ~

Yeah so the issue was the "This PC" window would never load. I would leave it for hours and it would never finish loading.

It turned out I had a nasty malware that was downloading and installing pups on my computer. Needless to say I uninstalled windows 10 and reinstalled it which is why I couldn't reply back sooner.

Issue is fixed and thanks for helping me Trouble I do appreciate it!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just glad to hear you managed to figure it out.
Thanks for the follow-up.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question