Windows 10 Computer Randomly restarts while doing tasks.

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an ASUS Desktop PC M11AD Series computer with an Intel core i5.
I am running windows 10 Home on my computer and ever since I got Windows 10, It has been randomly restarting. It will restart while doing simple tasks, like using Google Chrome, or using Skype. I have tried to monitor what apps cause the restarts, but it is extremely random. I upgraded my computer 2-3 weeks ago, and it is starting to get on my nerves. I have switched my browser to Microsoft Edge and it has been working fine. When this occurs, my computer will freeze for about 5-10 seconds, and then it will to a regular restart. Sometimes when it boots back up it says "Windows is updating" and sometimes nothing. I have disabled auto updates on my computer and I just can't seem to find the problem. Sometimes it will freeze in chunks like 3 seconds, it works for 1 second and then 4 seconds and then restarts. My friend also has Windows 10, but his doesn't restart. I can't find out what build I'm on, and I upgraded when Windows said I could ugrade.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Windows 10 update system has been nationalized for lack of a better phrase. MS, in it's infinite wisdom thought that it would be a good idea to update everyone's PC for them, whether we want the OS to or not. It's the biggest bitch users have right now for this OS.

That is normal behavior for the OS to restart like that...it will automatically schedule a restart in about 24 hours to complete the update. As long as there are no driver issues or BSOD's involved you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The OS auto checks for updates and installs them all in the background so the common/average user doesn't have to worry about it.

Reaction score
Thanks Bassfisher6522. Is there any way to stop the updates or set them for a different time? I have gone to the settings to set it for me to schedule an update, and 5 mins ago, it randomly updates. I set it up for about 5 hours from now. any solutions??
WINDOWS 10.PNG

Ask a Question