Windows 10 conintuous restarting and BSOD, nothing is working

Reaction score
Hi my friend is having some major issues with his cpu. Every time he starts his computer he gets various BSOD's with different errors each time. Once the BSOD happens, the computer restarts itself and usually does it again. If that doesn't happen, he gets to the login screen, and he can't log in. There's some sort of glitch that when he types a certain amount of characters in the password line, it just doesn't let him hit enter. He can't get to the desktop and unless we're hitting the wrong keys, starting in safe mode seems impossible too. Can anyone help please. The cpu is an ibuypower. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Reaction score
Hi my friend is having some major issues with his cpu. Every time he starts his computer he gets various BSOD's with different errors each time. Once the BSOD happens, the computer restarts itself and usually does it again. If that doesn't happen, he gets to the login screen, and he can't log in. There's some sort of glitch that when he types a certain amount of characters in the password line, it just doesn't let him hit enter. He can't get to the desktop and unless we're hitting the wrong keys, starting in safe mode seems impossible too. Can anyone help please. The cpu is an ibuypower. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Some of the errors of the BSOD are, ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY error and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. It almost goes into an infinite loop of BSOD, the computer will start to load and it might say "repairing disk" or something and then a BSOD will pop up. Only rarely do we get to the login screen and then at that point we can't even log in. Every time we try to put a password or PIN in, the cursor just automatically moves to the front and we can't hit enter to log in.

Reaction score
Try booting into Safe Mode (I know you said you can't login but keep trying) and if you can get to this point load up Command Prompt and press Enter: sfc/scannow

This should fix the issue.

If this doesn't fix things try running a diagnostic tool on your RAM to see if you can find any issues.

Finally, if all of this still doesn't work you may want to re-format. If you do I'd recommend making sure you have a backup solution of some type, whether that be a disk imager or a snapshot tool like Comodo Time Machine or Rollback rx.

Ask a Question