Windows 10 Consumer Preview

Reaction score
So far I'm not seeing or experiencing any significant issues and the preview is purring along like a finished product. I wonder if MS will plan for an earlier than expected release.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would never presume to divine the mysteries of their intent.
Although that would indeed be a very nice surprise. In my experience their schedule of releases are seldom subject to whimsical fancy and they do seem to like doing things in association with some other big Microsoft Event and that is why I'm looking for something on or around http://www.buildwindows.com/
Earlier would certainly be sweet but........

Reaction score
Certainly purring along nicely here, also. But, IMO, the cat got the cream in Windows 8.1. There will have to be some, as yet not present, features or performance, before I am ready to say it is a challenge to 8.1

I will move on, as the differences are so small, but that is only as a necessity to keep up with the trend. I cannot yet see myself recommending that average users spend there cash on an update, though.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There will have to be some, as yet not present, features or performance, before I am ready to say it is a challenge to 8.1
I've pretty much given up on that expectation.
They almost had another Vista on their hands with Windows 8 and I agree they cleaned it up quite nicely with 8.1 and now with 8.2 commonly referred to as Windows 10 they can't afford to jump the shark yet again.
Competition is way too fierce now for any major fumbles. I suspect even the new kernel numbering will be largely cosmetic.

Ask a Question