WIndows 10 Cumulative Update KB4023680 (14393.1230)

Reaction score
May 26, 2017—KB4023680 (OS Build 14393.1230)

This non-security update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Addressed issue where End User Defined Characters (EUDC) may not be visible in some applications.
If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023680

Regedit32

Reaction score
I little underwhelming really.

Don't forget if you install any language pack after a cumulative update, you will need to re-install the cumulative update again.

Reaction score
Don't forget if you install any language pack after a cumulative update, you will need to re-install the cumulative update again.
Hi Regedit32,

can you explain why that is necessary as I use both English and German on my PC?. :)

Regedit32

Reaction score
can you explain why that is necessary

That is something Microsoft can explain in far better detail that me.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/windows/...facture/desktop/add-language-packs-to-windows

That is the link this posting on the Cumulative update points to:

Important If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This is one of those posts that always confuses me until I look closer and see that it is only for folks still running 1607 (Anniversary Update) and not for those of us running 1703 (Creators Update).

Reaction score
When I installed one of the latest updates (or it may have been a clean install of 15063), I was asked if I wanted a secondary or additional keyboard. I had not noticed this before although it may have been there prior.

Since I don't use a second keyboard, I selected the option I thought was correct but it asked me for the second language. I backed out so the second keyboard was not installed, but maybe in Wolfie's case this is still an alternate keyboard setup..

Cortana being part of an install was also from 15063, correct?

Reaction score
HI @Regedit32 ,

thanks for the info and feedback. :)

Hi @Saltgrass ,

just for info, I only have a German KB but have English as the default system language, I also installed the German language packs although my version of Windows Office 2010 is in German anyway. I have no need for an English KB really as I very rarely need any special symbols (UK English). :)

Hi @Trouble ,

I am running 1703 so I should be okay!. :)

Ask a Question